(NICE) National Institute for Career Education was set up in 1988 and registered by Delhi Administration, Government of India with strategic aims:
- To formulate and implement policies governing the provision of career education and guidance;
- To develop innovative, appropriate and effective methods and materials for career development that enable informed educational, training and occupational choices.
- To provide an interface and vital networking channel with greater collaboration, cooperation and cohesion for a diverse and fragmented community of career guidance professionals.
- To devise and conduct relevant research and to provide a forum for disseminating effectively its findings and co-ordinating communication with other bodies engaged in similar activities.
- To provide training and continuing education programs for career development professionals who help people make career decisions with up to date knowledge of career pathways and resultant decision making.
- To propagate the activities of NICE and impart training to professionals in the field of career development a website www.niceducation.org has been created.
NICE's mission is to assist individuals of any age and at any point throughout their lives with tools and the opportunity to make the best possible choices about life direction, career and education pathways.
Helping students make smart decisions about education and learning in India and abroad. It's our goal that youth can confidently manage their own careers throughout their lives. We believe that "right guidance at the right time" improves the chances of success in one's life. Easy availability and systematic presentation greatly enhance the use of guidance services.
Providing exceptional value in Career Development has been a cornerstone objective of the organisation. Our programme and personnel have just ONE specific focus “Excellence in Career Education”. We live and breathe career guidance! Nothing else gets in the way.